Company registration in Malaysia for foreigner – S & F Consulting Firm
- 1 Our services
- 2 Proposed name
- 3 Documents preparation
- 4 Required Shareholders
- 5 Bank Account Open as Foreigner
- 6 Proprietorship and Partnership company
- 7 Why and Who is Company Secretary?
- 8 9 steps of new company registration in Malaysia for foreigner
- 9 Branch Office open in Malaysia
- 10 New company registration fee in Malaysia
- 11 Registration and license fees as follow: –
- 12 Our guide line and fees of company registration in Malaysia for foreigner are as follows: –
- Private Limited Company Registration in Malaysia for
foreigner(SDN BHD as Malaysia language)
- Branch office open advisory and assistant
- Accounting service
Shareholding structure as our suggestion-
|Share Holding Structure||Required Capital|
|100% foreign shareholding||RM 1 million|
|Local + Foreign shareholding (Private Limited Company)||RM 350,000.00|
- First of all, recommend three propose name to select.
- There might have chance of rejection as inability of name.
- Cost of name application is Ringgit less than One Hundred.
- It might take 0ne to 2 days unless any difficulties arise.
- Three nature of businesses and shareholders passport copies are needful to process.
- Passport copy of shareholder (s) along with local address, email and contact number.
- Memorandum and Article of Association generally prepare by Company Secretary (CS). Secretary can proceed same as right.
- Government fees of Sdn Bhd company registration is Ringgit 1010 (One Thousand and Ten).
- SSM (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia) is government organ to approve of registration application.
- 1 (one) shareholder can open company in Malaysia as foreigner.
- Fifty, as the most, shareholders permissible for private limited company registration Malaysia.
Any person who is 18 years old and have no record: –
- Allegation in own country
Besides, dependent visa holder can be shareholder as well as director of a company. But, Student Pass holder is not allowed to be shareholder and director of a Sdn Bhd company in Malaysia.
No, local shareholder is not required to open a company in Malaysia. Benefits of hiring local shareholders:
- Required paid up capital of Ringgit 350,000/- instead of 500K-1000K
- No need of WRT license
- Advantage of opening bank account as shareholder (s) are foreigner.
Bank Account Open as Foreigner
· Local banks are not flexible if shareholders are
· Foreign banks are welcome to foreign shareholding companies upon some conditions: –
- Company background
- Nature of business
- Financial forecasting
- Number of staffs and own rental office
- No allegation against shareholders in own country.
As foreigners like to stay longer in Malaysia to look after business but visa is difficult. Any company can NOT apply to hire foreign staffs unless have ESD approval. We assist our foreign customers to apply of ESD and approval rate is high if follow our guidelines.
Proprietorship and Partnership company
Foreigners are not permitted to open proprietorship or partnership business. Only local Malaysian can open same.
Why and Who is Company Secretary?
- Company Secretary (CS) appointment for every Sdn Bhd company in Malaysia is must.
- Only who has license (from SSM) is permissible to be CS.
- Chartered Secretary qualified member can be CS after approval from SSM.
9 steps of new company registration in Malaysia for
- Put signature in pre-submission copies where shareholders information is visible.
- Proposed name approval by SSM
- Submission of documents (MoA, AoA and Forms) to SSM
- Payment confirm by online to SSM. Secretary can pay by online if you make payment order to Secretary.
- Wait for 1-2 days to get approval of company registration.
- Buy Super Form from online of My Data SSM as this form need to open bank account.
- Yearly submit report to SSM to be regular company even business not startup.
- It might take 2-3 days to be approve of registration.
- SSM provide some copies- 1) Incorporation 2) Memorandum at free of cost.
Branch Office open in Malaysia
As foreign company like to open branch of parent company to enjoy tax. Need of opening branch are as follows: –
- Board Meeting Resolution to open branch office in overseas.
- Remittance of Ringgit 500K to 1000K along with accounts report.
- Business profile and certified copies need to submit to examine.
- Branch Office open might take 2 weeks’ time in total unless discrepancy ask for.
New company registration fee in Malaysia
|Category||Consultancy and government Fee|| Type
of company |
|A||Total (package): RM 5000 (new company registration fee + professional fees in Malaysia)||For small size company those are service or general trading company|
|B||Total (package): RM 5000 (As company registration in Malaysia for foreigner fees include government & professional)|| For
medium size company: import export company |
|C||Total (package): RM 5000 New company registration Malaysia by SSM fees + professional)||For large size company: Manufacture company|
Registration and license fees as follow: –
|Description of services||License||Fees|
|Service cover: – Company Incorporation Service.Buy super form from SSM My DataSecretary service 1-yearAllow office address use for 1 year and bank account open service||Incorporation by SSM||4000-5000|
|Prepare supporting papers and apply for signboard and premise license|| Signboard
& Premise ||2000|
|Prepare supporting papers and apply for export and import license||Export & Import||4000|
|Prepare supporting documents and apply for WRT license for nonresidents||WRT||4000|
|Prepare supporting papers and apply for Kinder garden school license and many more||Dagang.net||Negotiable|
|Add product and/ or brand name with company name permission||Notification||1000|
|Prepare supporting papers and apply for Trademark license.||Trade Mark||4000-5000|
Our guide line and fees of company registration in Malaysia for foreigner are as follows: –
Company Act 1965, key sections are going to discuss as need of company registration:
|Section||Company Formation|| (1)
Two or more persons are eligible to incorporate a new company. (2) Company
may be as the following category— |
(a) a company limited by shares;
(b) a company limited by guarantee that is not shares;
(c) a company can limited both by shares and guarantee; or (d) another one is an unlimited company.
|Section 15|| Private
Limited Company || (1)
(a) restricts the right to transfer its shares in case of private limited
company in Malaysia; |
(b) Members limitation up to fifty (50) most.
(c) Public subscription is not permissible being private limited company
|Section 16||Registration and incorporation|| Certificate
of incorporation (4) The registrar will certify with seal that is— |
(a) a company limited by shares;
(b) a corporation limited by guarantee that is not share;
(c) a company can incorporate as limited both by shares and guarantee; or
(d) another one is an unlimited company.
|Section 17||Membership of holding company|| (1)
A firm cannot be an associate of a company which is its holding company will
|Section 18||Requirements on memorandum|| (1)
There will be name of company, goal, shares, name of directors, auditor,
first secretary and others. |
|Section 54||Return about allotments|| Where
a company will allot shares to the directors with value of each shares |
|Section 124||Qualification of director|| Shares
will buy by the shareholders as mentioning number of Article of Association. Penalty:
In case of failure One thousand RM penalty as Default penalty. |
|Section 143||Annual general meeting||Each after 12 months company will hold a meeting with presence of the directors as name AGM. On condition that twenty-one months may consider in case of first AGM|
|Section 152||Special resolutions|| A
meeting resolution will pass by the ¾ majority voting as name of Special
|Section 165|| Annual
return submission by corporation in favor of a share money || Return
should be part II English Schedule of every company. Penalty: Two thousand
ringgit. Default penalty |
|Section 217||Application of winding up||Every company can petition by court for winding up the company|
At a glance process of Company Registration in Malaysia for foreigner:
|How many shareholders need?||1 (one)|
|How long takes to register Sdn Bhd?||5-7 days|
|How much paid up capital need?||350K for JV and 500K-1000K for foreign ownership company|
|Do I need to have office in Malaysia?||Yes (Virtual office also allow).|
|What about authorized capital?||It is no longer now a day.|
|How much is cost of registration as foreign ownership company?||Ringgit 4000 in total for incorporation.|
|How many other licenses need to start business?||SignboardPremiseExport and ImportNotificationHalalWRTESD|
|Can S & F assist to ope bank account?||Yes, we ensure of bank account in foreign banks.|
|How I will buy shelf company?||Shelf is a ready company but business not run yet. We provide same if you want to buy from us.|
|Do I need nominee director in Malaysia?||No need actually.|
|How much cost for nominee director service?||Ringgit 3000 or negotiable.|
|Can a foreigner register a company in Malaysia?||Yes, can. And foreigner can hold 100 percent shares of company.|
|Can foreigner open restaurant in Malaysia?||Yes, can. Foreigner can open restaurant in Malaysia. But WRT and Halal licenses are additionally need.|
|How can I get business visa in Malaysia?||Only ESD registration company can apply of Business Visa.|
|Can foreign company open bank account in Malaysia?||Yes, can. Expert of S & F can assist to open Business bank account for foreigners in Malaysia.|
|Is it allowed to register a company without investor visa?||Yes. Allow.|
|Is 100 present foreign ownership allow in Malaysia?||Yes. Allow. Foreign investors can hold 100 percent ownership.|
|Local nominee directorship need to register a new company?||No. As guideline of FDI without local nominee director foreign investor can open company.|
|Which banks recommended to open corporate account in Malaysia as foreigner?||OCBC Bank & Standard Chartered Bank|
|How can I open bank account as foreign shareholding company?||It’s difficult if paid up capital is below of RM 500,000 and hold tourist visa . We recommend the investors to follow our guideline to avoid negative result.|
|How much should invest for joint venture company?||RM 350,000 instead of RM 500,000 as recommended.|
Check Fees, Time and Services of Sdn Bhd company registration in Malaysia as foreigner.Read More
You ideas changes life if clicks. Let check important small business ideas in Malaysia as recommended.Read More
WRT license is required to start retail and wholesale business as foreign investors. We assist to apply and manage license to meet your requirement.Read More
S & F Consulting Firm is expert on foreign investment law and process. We provide license service of Signboard, Premise, Import, Export & WRT.Read More
Get in touch with S & F
We are ready to give your solution 24 hours/7 days