Work Permit requirement in Sri Lanka
Work permit requirement in Sri Lanka
Local employment in Sri Lanka is not an issue but legal procedure has to overcome when foreign employees are appointed as work permit requirement in Sri Lanka.
|Necessity of employment visa in Sri Lanka
||First, apply for entry visa to Colombo Immigration Department.Second, receive entry visa from embassy of Sri Lanka of your country.Third, apply for employment visa arriving in Sri Lanka.
|Requirement of employment visa, step 2 for Sri Lanka
- Employee should have valid employment letter including contract paper
- Employer shall apply to immigration department for visa of the employee
- Visa officer shall look into all require papers and approval employment visa and seal in passport.
|Entry visa requirement
- Applicant shall fill up information of visa application form, Company certified copies, contract of project, visa recommend letter from ministry, passport copy, letter of employment are required to submit application. Apply to Immigration Service Centre
- Visa fees as government policy is Rs twenty Thousand
|Who can apply for employment visa
- Skill people, employees of non government or private companies, dependents of personnel, expatriate can apply for this visa. Besides, embassy people, government agency, United Nation staffs can apply also.
|Types of Visa
- Tourist visa-person who plans to visit in Sri Lanka to enjoy time and holiday.
- Business visa-purpose of this visa is business discussion and that is for short time.
- Residence- Person who stays in Sri Lanka for long time obtaining business visa, employment visa, diplomat visa, student, spouse of Sri Lankan, dependent as Sri Lankan can apply for residence visa.
|Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
- Applicants will submit by ETA as information of passport copy, debit or master card, passport should not be invalid and expiry.
|ETA application ins and outs
- Once submission of application and fees cannot be withdrawn due to acceptance of terms and conditions. Be careful when submit information through online specially name, address, spouse name and other information. Generally it may take time of two hours by online application submission, apply ETA.
Work permit application procedures comes after company registration in Sri Lanka as foreign investors. Contact us for registration of new private limited company in Sri Lanka as foreigner.
Find other writing as underline:
♣ Guide line of business license in Sri Lanka as foreign investors;
♣ We have discussed some small business ideas in Sri Lanka can read;
♣ You can register limited liability company (LLC) in Sri Lanka as foreign investor;
♣ More information of personal & corporate income tax return in Sri Lanka;