To visit another country, it is a must for the tourist to apply for a visa from the origin place to the destination of the countries visa office. Similar is the Brazil visa. It is obliged for the tourist to receive a visa from any Brazilian Diplomatic missions except the visa is exempt in countries. As per the brazil visa policy there are totally 3 types of visas issued in the country depending on a person. The visa types are as follows;
- Tourist visa
- Business visa and
- Temporary visa
Receiving Brazil visa is not quite hard. It is the responsibility of a person to apply for a visa in an embassy. The process of applying a Brazil visa is very long and the traveler needs to be patient. There is electronic visa in Brazil also known as Brazil evisa is available for 4 countries; US citizens, Japanese, Australians and Canadians.
It is required for the applicants to check their eligibility first before applying for a visa. In some countries the Brazilian visa is exempted for example for Chile and El Salvador. In fact, there are over 93 jurisdictions where the citizens do not have to apply for a visa to travel to Brazil for 90 days and not more. Except for the 90 countries it is compulsory for the other countries to take a visa to travel to Brazil.
Required documents for Brazil visa applications :
- Valid passport
- National ID card
- Digital copy of passport
- Passport size photo
- Valid e-mail address
- Mode of payment
- Proof of accommodation to the country to visit
- Flight return details
- Bank statements
- If a person has a Brazil evisa, then they will have to just have a print out copy of it. It is to be shown in the Immigration office after the arrival in Brazil.
As mentioned above there are 90 countries which are exempted from taking visa to visit the country. But it is also noted that there are some cases for some people where an identity copy will be required apart from a passport.
People among the exempted countries list most probably visit countries such as;
For them visas are not necessary in the airport transit from any country. If they do not leave the International transit, then everything in fine.
Countries which are exempted are as follows:
|All European Union Citizens||Guyana||Peru|
|Antigue and Barbuda||Iceland||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Argentina||Indonesia||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Bolivia||Malaysia||Sovereign Military Order of Malta|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Mexico||Suriname|
|Colombia||Montenegro||Trinidad and Tobago|
|El Salvador||Nicaragua||United Arab Emirates|
|Fiji||North Macedonia||Unites States|
Visa exemption for business and tourist requirements for Brazil visa:
The government of the country has introduced a visa free method which was started from 17th June 2019. People who arrive in Brazil can stay up to 90 days. the following are the rules and regulations to stay for 90 days in the country.
- The traveler is expected to stay less than 180 days within 12-month duration.
- The holder who has a passport should have a passport which has a six months validity which should be entered in one separate blank page visit.
- Having an evident proof for sufficient funds.
- Proof of return flight ticket details.
- Having other documents for the next travel destination.
- Confirmation form the airline that boarding will be permitted without visa as they are the conditions for the change of function.
See another article about How to obtain a tourist Visa to Brazil?
- It is required that the citizens of Spain should have a proof of enough financial funds for at least R$ 170 in a day which shows they can provide themselves food and stay
- The citizens of Brazil who has another nationality are also among the exemption list where they can enter and leave with the other passport
- The documents which are provided are Brazilian passport or expired passport and Brazilian identity card
- It is not requiring for the citizens of Brazil to have a passport but the country issues visa for citizens who have dual citizens.
Predicted future changes for Brazilian visa:
- Dominican Republic where for the period of 60 days can be changes up to 120 days for each annual year for normal passports
- Moldova where 90 days with 6 months period for normal passports
- Sierra Leone where 90 days or any other duration period can be given to citizens who are diplomatic holders, official holders and service passport holders
Is it hard and a long process to get Brazilian visa?
No, in fact it is one of the easiest visas to receive among other countries but it is a long process
Is there availability of Brazilian evisa?
Yes, but it is available for only citizens under 4 countries which are in US, Australia, Japan and Canada.
Are there categories for Brazilian visa?
Yes, there are 4 categories
How many countries have visa exemption?
There are 90 countries which are exempted for Brazilian visa
Can there be an extension made during the stay in Brazil?
No, the traveler cannot exceed more than the given period unless they can go and come back.