Singapore is one of the best places in the Asian countries to start a business and one may consider the idea of buying an existing business with
There are many types of business available in Singapore that is ready to be sold. However, there are few things to consider before buying an existing business.
Many potential business holder things that they can buy a business from a seller without using any service from the third party; just like buying a product with a normal transaction.
Unfortunately, this is not the case for buying a business for sale in Singapore. Potential buyer and seller of
Otherwise, if confidentiality is lost then the sale may get out, there are certain risks of losing a client, the problem in employees and a change in credit terms.
A potential buyer may look for the sales or revenue of the company and for also he has to do a valuation for the company. Sometimes this is done by the seller, but a valuation from the third-party organization should be more acceptable.
Because, any outside valuation should provide a complete analysis of the business, the market
Additionally, he has to consider other factors such as the consolidation process of the industry, regular interest rates, unemployment rate, and other financial measures.
A buyer must learn to merge his personal goal with the market conditions. After the business gets sold, it is better for the new owner to keep the previous owner for few months or even for another year to achieve a smooth transition and it is also better for the new owner having success.
One of the major issues in business for sale in Singapore is the valuation process and many time sellers consider their business with unrealistic value that is unachievable.
In real the value of a company is set by the sale and earning of the company, performance, market condition, status of the workforce, cumulative book value and the operating asset that may replace with equivalent fair market value.
Business for sale in Singapore must go through a valuation process and this includes adjusting book value, liquidation value. The value of adjusting book is determined by the potential cost that may require replacing the existing asset.
This process also requires offsetting the complete value against the total liabilities. On another hand the liquidation value is determined by the complete selling value of all equipment, inventory, furniture etc are sold separately. This value does not contain a company’s intrinsic value thus does not go far.
There are many income methods to determine the income approach and all the methods require knowing the level of earnings and a value that requires converting the earnings into the company’s value.
The other factors to consider before buying a business to consider are the availability of required types of business if the buyer requires any special licensing, qualifications or credentials etc.
There are many types of business for sale in Singapore and potential buyer needs to choose that best suits the need:
- There also a few categories to choose from and one may buy an academic school or tuition home with the price range from SGD 20,000 to SGD 500K.
- On another hand the selling price for childcare and preschool price may vary from SGD $50k to 200k, depending on the quality and reputation of the school.
- For the case for fashion and accessories store, one may easily buy with the price goes to SGD 100K or less.
- In the food sector, the average selling price for the bakery business goes from SGD 50k to 500k, depending on location and size of the store.
Modestsize of café, coffee houses andsnack bar price goes from SGD 30000 to 200k and the price of eating house goes from SGD 50,000 to 100k.
- Price for food stall is relatively cheaper and one may buy an existing food stall with the price ranging from SGD 10,000 to 50K.
- Price of restaurants may go as high as SGD $500k to as low as SGD 50,000. Take away shop’s price may go as low as SGD $5000 to SGD $350,000. Convenience store, a beauty salon is also a profitable business organization in Singapore.
- One may buy a beauty salon with the price of SGD $5000 to SGD $100K and the price for convenience store varies from SGD $50k to 500k.
- Apart from physical business, Singapore has a good setup for e-commerce related business and one may easily buy an existing business that runs virtually with the price ranging from SGD $20000 to 500K.
- The process for
softwaredevelopment company may vary from SGD $50K to 500K and the selling price for an online retail shop is SGD $40000 to 200K.