The Food Manufacturing Companies in Sri Lanka is truly making potential remarks regarding business aspects within the country. All these Food manufacturing Companies in Sri Lanka surly withholds a major sector of country’s economy.
During past few years the growth rate and business stability of such companies established and incorporated in Sri Lanka has truly made some remarkable statics to look in.
All these lucrative statistics mainly related to profit potentials usually in the interest of many other business owners and foreign investors to seek opportunities to start off their own Food staff business in Sri Lanka.
Well, my article is mainly for those friends who are truly growing their interest in the Food Manufacturing Companies of Sri Lanka.
The Food & Beverage Business in Sri Lanka along with the Food manufacturing companies in Sri Lanka is considered to be one of the most vital and important sectors due to their potentials and capabilities to deliver the country and its government certain benefits related to the economy in terms of foreign exchange earnings, source of employment, introducing innovation in the food system of the country, rural economy growth and certainly improvising the local economy scale.
the business owners and fellow investors considered as the main face of all these food manufacturing companies in Sri Lanka can be categorized as large, medium and small-scale exports.
It is usually not possible, risky and is way difficult for any one to open up their own food stuff company in Sri Lanka or in any other nation around the world.
Hence being a legal and licensed importer is going to be the best profitable way to seek in the food and beverage business in Sri Lanka.
Well, undoubtedly Sri Lankans love to eat good healthy food and explore new taste. Sadly, the country lacks in great extent to the availability of various foods, beverage various masalas within the country.
Hence, foodstuff such as canned products, package goodies other delightful food/snacks and beverages are mostly imported commodities all over Sri Lanka.
Thus, making all these food manufacturing companies in Sri Lanka as one of the peak business opportunities in Sri Lanka. One can easily import their desired goods and beverage from neighboring countries or parent country and sell them directly to the local markets in Sri Lanka.
This sort of business policies is quite easy to initiate, as it usually does not require capital and the business owners and foreign investors usually not need to go through hazardous incorporation policies, permits licensing issues.
One just to acquire certain permits, an license and follow in asked steps of company registration policies as per the Sri Lankan Government conducted.
Detail information on Food Manufacturing Companies in Sri Lanka
You can find out the steps and guidelines to follow in for company registration policies in other related article in our company blog but in this one I am mainly going to focus on the Import and Export Business Registration in Sri Lanka.
Important facts to know about the Export/ Import business in Sri Lanka is provided below:
- To starting Import Export Business in Sri Lanka (also known as Retail Business in Sri Lanka) the approximate capital required to start up your business will be about US$ 1Million. But if its a wholesale business then the charges will be a different.
- Sri Lanka government issued various Department of import and export control to authenticate certain body of chemical, drugs, electrical, vehicles and miscellaneous business.
- One would require these following documentation and paper work to apply for export license in Sri Lanka
(1) Application form of export license (available in our vendor office at Sri Lanka – S & F CONSULTING FIRM LIMITED)
(2) 2 (two) copies of Performa bill
(3) Your company’s certificate of incorporation – Original and photocopy
(4) Passport/ National ID card of applicant (s)
(5) Testimonial from relevant department of Goods.
To establish Food Manufacturing Companies in Sri Lanka One can choose many business policies to work in with. Yet it is always suggested to my investor friends to learn and chose the correct business policy to start off their business.
Cause the wrong selection can eventually lead to big loss and business break down. Me and My company S & F CONSULTING FIRM LIMITED, an expert business advisory firm, is always there at your end to help out with all sort of quires and information you need to know regarding formation, regulatory affairs, permits, laws other related limitation. Well, now you need to know about the income tax act Sri Lanka.
Let us now focus into some of the best key products and varieties all these Food Manufacturing companies in Sri Lanka can deliver:
i) Processed Fruit, Vegetable and Juices.
ii) Canned and bottled products.
iii) Confectionery and Bakery Products
iv) Rice and Cereals
v) Dry Snakes and frozen foods
vi) Animal Feeds
Vii) Spices and related packaged masalas and flavoring agents
viii) Many other products that the legal authority and permission to be imported the country.
List of some of the prime established and legally incorporated Food Manufacturing Companies in Sri Lanka:
1) Processed Vegetables, Fruits & Juices Business Company in Sri Lanka
- LANAKA CANNERIES LTD
- CBL NATURAL FOODS PVT LTD
- SA SILVA AND SONS LANKA PVT LTD
- TARGET AGRICULTURE PVT LTD
- SANMIK FOOD PVT LTD
2) Processed Food Business Company in Sri Lanka
- PREMIUM EXPORTS CEYLON LTD
- HJS CONDIMENTS LTD
- AMAZON TRADING PVT LTD
3) Rice & Cereals Food Industry Business Company in Sri Lanka
- PRIMA CEYLON LIMITED
- SERENDIB FLOUR MILLS PVT LTD
- CONSOLIDATED BUSINESS SYSTEM PVT LTD
- LEELA EXPORTS AND IMPORTS
- ENRICH TEA AND FOOD EXPORTS LTD
4) Confectionary and Bakery Products Business Company in Sri Lanka
- CEYLON BISCUITS LTD
- CBL EXPORTS LTD
- MALIBAN BISCUIT MANUFACTURIES PVT LTD
- EDNA COCOA PRODUCTS PVT LTD
- NESTLE LANKA PLC
5) Animal Feed Business Company in Sri Lanka
- AMINOVIT PVT LTD
- SERENDIB FLOUR MILLS PVT LTD
- PRIMA CEYLON PVT LTD
- VAIGAI LANKA PVT LTD
- NEW ASIA TRADERS