In Singapore tourism has been a very fast developing industry. The increase of tourist culture is evitable in this nation. Following are the reason that influence the industry of tourism in Singapore
- Top 5 countries of OECD
- Cost of living
- Cultural diversity and food
Due to the above-mentioned factors, foreigners all around the world likely get attracted to visit in Singapore with the aim of either living or spending their leisure vacation here in Singapore. Whatever the reason of visiting Singapore could be, you must have to have a proper visa and also need to check Singapore business visa. When it is specifically about tourism, one must have a valid Singapore tourist visa, or else the visit will be counted as illegal. Here are the requirements needed for acquiring a Singapore tourist visa:
Visa Entry Requirements for Foreigner:
- Valid travel document such as validity for 6 months at the time of departure
- Confirmation of return ticket
- Entry facilities which also visas for the next destination
- Proof of sufficient funds which shows them that they can stay in Singapore and also have the funds to cover all their expenses
- Visa entry to Singapore
- Vaccination for yellow fever
- These requirements are instructed by ICA which is the authority for visa matters.
Applicants who are under the category of Assessment Level 1 and Assessment Level 2 lists under Singapore tourist visa category are not allowed to stay more than 30 days without renewal of visa in Singapore, except for the following holders who can stay for 90 days:
- All European Union citizens
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United States
Applicants who have Taiwan passports and if they specifically do not have the right to abode Taiwan, then need to have a valid Taiwan re-entry permit.
Requirement For Tourist Visa:
To get a Singapore tourist visa one must have to go through two groups of Assessments, Assessment 1 and Assessment 2 level countries.
Assessment 1 Level Countries:
Applicants who have an ordinary passport or travel document under the following list will have an application of an online visa which is through the contact of Singapore or a Singapore strategic partner or also the closest Singaporean diplomatic mission or one of Singaporean tourist visa agents who is authorized. The visa is issued within 1 working day. The applicant can travel with printouts which are out of the e-visa. The requirements of visa are not applicable to the non-ordinary passports of the countries except North Korea.
The following are the Assessment 1 list of countries;
- North Korea
- Hong Kong passport holders with the identification of visa purpose
- Macao passport holder’s special administrative region travel permit
Assessment 2 Level Countries:
Countries under the following assessment should obtain a visa in advance. These countries might have to receive a visa through a local Singaporean contact of a strategic partner in the country. The visa can also be applied in the countries nearest diplomatic mission or also in one of the authorized visa agents who are out of Singapore. The visa will normally be issued in 3 working days, a visa vignette is affixed on the applicant’s passport.
The following are the Assessment 2 list of countries;
- Saudi Arabia
- Holders of temporary passports are issued by the United Arab Emirates
- Holders of the refugee travel documents are issued by the Middle-East country
- Stateless persons who hold another passport like the certificate of identity and refugee travel documents are considered to be stateless ICA regardless of the nationality appearing on the holder’s travel documents.
In the non-ordinary passports of assessment 2 holders, the visa requirement does not apply to holders of diplomatic or any official passports of Bangladesh, Jordan, Tunisia and diplomatic passports of Saudi Arabia and Morocco.
APEC Business Travel Card:
The passports which are issued by the following countries which have the APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) contains the SGP code on the reverse that it is valid for travel to Singapore which can enter the visa-free for business trip for up to 60 days
ABTCs are issued to the following nationals;
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
Free Visa Transit:
Nationals of Assessment Level 1 and 2 countries are not required to have a transit visa through Singapore Changi Airport as long as they fulfill the following requirements.
- Advance ticket (onward ticket)
- Transit area
- Having the luggage checked in the final destination
- No clearance immigration to Singapore
- Not travelling in a low-cost airline. This is not applicable for passengers who are travelling on Tigerair with Tiger connect.
Countries who are under Assessment 1 will have to come to Singapore under the Visa Free Transit Facility.
Visa-Free Transit Facility (VFTF):
The nationals of China and India may enter Singapore without a visa for 96 hours if they transit from any third country by air when they have a valid visa or a long-term residence permit with validity of at least one month issued by Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States.
Single journey visas are issued by 8 countries which are acceptable by transit but by using VFTF in the return journey the traveler must travel directly from the issuing visa country since the single journey visa was last used. The citizens of China and India are allowed only to use the VFTF once. It can either be while entering or returning the country, it cannot be both. The applicants might enter the country by any type of transport but must depart by air.
National of the Commonwealth of Independent States, Georgia, Turkmenistan and Ukraine
The following countries can enter the country without a visa for 96 hours if they are in transit from 3rd country. The country nationals may use VFTF on both the entry and return journey. They may enter the country by any mode of transport but the departure should be taken place only through air
The following are the countries;
Yellow Fever Vaccination:
When a person enters Singapore over 1 year of age, regardless of nationality which is valid for International Certificate of Vaccination for yellow fever though they have in or passed through any country at risk of yellow within the preceding six days. From May 1st 2016 it is the International Certificate of Vaccination for yellow fever which is valid for life. The lifetime validity applies for all current and new certificates which starts 10 days after the date of vaccination.
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Cote d’lvoire
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- French Guiana
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
- Trinidad and Tobago
Online Singapore Tourist Visa:
- The applicant should download the Singapore Tourist Visa form online and fill up the application form fully along with the signature.
- Passport validity within 6 months
- Confirmed return air ticket
- Cover letter from the applicant informing about the travel details such as the date, timing, flight name, seat numbers, etc.
- Leave letter acceptance by the company with the company’s letterhead
- All document submission should be or should be translated in English
- If the address where the applicant is living is different from the mentioned form address then the two addresses should be approved by the government with address proof documents
- If the applicant is travelling for the first time in Singapore then there should be a file attached for the income tax papers which has details for 2 years additionally with the last 3 months bank statement
- It is recommended to attach the bookings in of the Hotel booked in Singapore. This document is mandatory.
- The consulate as the right to ask for additional documents that need to be submitted by the applicant when demanded.
Tourist Visa Fee in Singapore:
In Singapore, there are only 2 visas which are charged for the processing fee, which is charged for Rs.2300+GST when the applicant applies through Blinkvisa.com.
- Package Fee – Rs.1800
- Blink Visa Charges – Rs.500
- SGST + CGST – 18%
- TOTAL – Rs.2390
Read also: Visa requirements for Singapore citizens