The Criminal Investigations Department of Qatar is a subdivision under the Ministry of Interior in Qatar. If you are a foreign national living in Qatar, you must be wondering why you would have to have any interactions with the CID of Qatar. Contrary to popular belief, the CID in Qatar are not just solely in charge of investigations of crimes, in fact they are also the main issuing body of your Police Clearance Certificate (for an in-depth article on how to obtain your PCC.)
As of 2019, according to the official website of The Ministry of Interior in Qatar, the CID has the following duties listed under their jurisdiction:
- The proposal and implementation of the CID’s annual plan made within the policy of framework given by the Ministry of Interior.
- Preventing and investigating all forms of crime and criminal activities. This includes solving all reported crimes and bringing the perpetrators to justice.
- As of 2010, the CID also investigates all cases of money counterfeiting and laundering, digital counterfeiting as well as investigates any financial transactions that lead to terrorism funding.
- Prevents all instances of begging that occurs in public.
- The enforcement of copyrights and copyrighted material. Enforces legal action against those who infringe upon these laws.
- Leads the investigation to find all reported missing persons as well as runaways.
- Issue the Police Clearance Certificate for non-Qatar Nationals who wish to work/reside in Qatar.
- Propose and draw up the annual budget of the CID.
- The supervision and enforcement of good work ethic of divisions that fall under the CID.
If you have any enquiries or further questions, do not hesitate to contact us at S&F Consulting, where we provide services as registered agents in Qatar! And you also need to know about the salary certificate format in Qatar. Simply take to one of friendly customer service agents if you wish to begin any procedure needed for a happy and fulfilling life in Qatar!
Frequently Asked Questions
Even if you have no criminal record, it is always best to know the proceedings undertaken by the CID. As a foreign national living in Qatar, you will find it advantageous to be aware of who to report to in case of any incident.
A Police Clearance Certificate or a Good Conduct Certificate in Qatar is a document that attests that you (the applicant) has no criminal record and is issued by the Criminal Evidence and Information Department (CEID). In the case of the applicant having a criminal record, the certificate will list all the relevant details pertaining to the record.
Obtaining a PCC is required by law if you wish to establish a company in Qatar. If you are not establishing a company, you may still be required to submit one depending on your employer.
Once you have filed all documents needed for the application it will take 5-7 business days to receive your PCC.
It requires a nominal fee of QR 10.