Qatar is one of the top economic
However, if you finally decide to starting a business in Qatar, you need to acquire necessary license to incorporate your business legally in the country. Besides, obtaining
S & F Consulting Firm is here to help you out with every aspect of company formation and with all the required registration formalities. As an
Obtaining a Business License
In Qatar, acquiring a business license is just a part of the company formation process. There are many other matters that you also need to overcome to start a business in Qatar. First of all, you need to decide what types of business you want to start. Depending on the types of business, you need to acquire a specific business license and approval.
Foreign Company Registration
However, the foreign company involved in the business agreement must do the following-
- You must submit an application to the (MEC) Ministry of Economy and Commerce.
- Must attach the copies of the contract that is signed between the government and foreign company (minimum 2 copies)
- Also, need to attach two copies of an article of association/memorandum of certificate of the international company.
- Approved power of attorney for the Qatar Supervisor/manager.
- Attach at least two copies of agreement of service agent and two copies of commercial registration paper.
- No Arabic documents are not accepted, translate all the required paper into the Arabic language.
Industrial Companies Procedures
- Attach one copy of the license i.e. issued by the Ministry of Energy and Industry.
- For the certificate of association fill-up, the application with the necessary information and deposit the required capital in the bank.
- For commercial registration- you must fill up the application form, attach necessary documents and pay wages (in case of 49 percent foreign owned and 51 percent Qatari owned). If a foreigner owns 100% share of the company, Ministerial approval is required
LLC-Limited Liability Companies
- First of all, obtain the trade name registration & article of association approval from ministry of justice.
- Submit the copy of trade name and article of association for issuing of CR.
- Once you obtain the CR, fill-up the application from of trade license and submit it to the Ministry of Economy and Commerce.
Qatar welcomes foreign investors all around the world to establish a company in their country. The government of Qatar provides various type of business opportunities to bring more Foreign Direct Investment in the country. Though Qatar is not a tax-free zone but it has the lowest corporate tax rate in the world. Because of this, many entrepreneurs prefer Qatar to establish their business. Also, you need to check to start a small business in Qatar.
FAQ of start up business
Yes, according to the government law you must need to have an office space to obtain trade license.
If you can find right consultancy service, it could help you a lot, saves time and money.
You must do some research and develop a business plan. You also need to follow rules and regulation of incorporating business in Qatar.