Let discuss about company registration fees in Indonesia as below: There are a few types of limited companies that you can incorporate in Indonesia. Details of the types of companies are as below –
- Local limited liability company (Perseroan Terbatas – PT)
- Limited liability company owned by foreigner (Perseroan Terbatas – Penanaman Modal Asing – PT PMA)
- Public limited company
Features of the limited liability company-PT
- Must have a minimum of 1 director and 2 local Indonesian shareholders.
- Must be owned and managed by Indonesian.
- There must be a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or Chief Operation Officer (COO) who will be in charge of running the company.
- Paid up capital of the company will depend on the size of the company that is incorporated –
- A small company should have a paid up capital of between ISR50 million to 500 million
- A medium company should have a paid up capital of between IDR500 million to 10 billion
- A large company should have a paid up capital of more than IDR10 billion.
- This type of company can be 100% foreign owned provided that the industry that the company intends to operate in is not on the Negative Investment List. This is a list of industries that foreign companies are not allowed to do business in Indonesia.
- The company must have a share capital of a minimum of IDR10 billion of which 25% must be paid up. Approvals for this type of company must be obtained from the Capital Investment Coordinating Board (Badan Koordinasi Penanaman Modal -BKPM) prior to starting the business.
- They must have a minimum of 1 resident director and 2 shareholders with 1 CEO or COO.
- 5% of the shares must be sold to a resident Indonesian within 15 years of commercially starting the business if the company is 100% foreign owned.
- There must be a minimum of 300 shareholders if it is not a public listed company. The number of shareholders needs to a minimum of 1,000 shareholders if its public listed on the stock exchange.
Limited company registration fees
When you are registering any company in any country, there are some company registration fees in Indonesia to be paid before the business is legally incorporated. You can either go through the whole process on your own or you can engage consultants who provides this type of service. Below are some of the fees for a limited company registration in Indonesia –
More detail of company registration fees in Indonesia –
- Notary Public fees – When you are checking on the availability of your company name, you will require the services of a Notary Public. The person will have access to a computerized online system for the name checking. The fees for this service is IDR200,000.
- Notarize company documents – This is also done by a Notary Public. The maximum fee that is charged is 1.5% of the value of the object of the deed with its economical value ranges from IDR100 million to IDR1 billion.
- Non-tax state revenue (Penerimaan Negara Bukan Pajak – PNBP) – This is for the payment of legal services.
If you engage a consultant to do the registration for you, the fees can range from USD2,500 to USD5,000 for the establishment of a PT PMA company while for the PT company it is cheaper at USD1,600 to USD1,700. The consultant company will do all the necessary for the registration of the company.
How to register a limited company and fees information
This is note by a Notary Public and normally takes about 1 day. As mentioned above, the process is done online.
|Notarize company documents||
The Notary Public will notarize all company documents and the process takes less than 1 day.
|The Ministry of Law and Human Rights (MLHR)||
(MLHR) will legalize the company documents. Details of the established company will be published in the Supplement State Gazette within 14 days.
|Certificate of company domicile||
This is basically to show the company’s intended location of the business and can be obtained from the municipal where the location is or the building management where the intended office will be.
|Permanent business trading license||
This is from the Ministry of Trade and the process takes about 7 days.
|Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration||
The company will need to submit a manpower report to the ministry within 30 days. The report will contain the information about the company, manpower relation, manpower protection and manpower opportunity.
|Worker Social Security Program||
This is a social program to cover the employees of the company is case of accidents, old age and death.
This step is also done for the welfare of the employees.
|Tax registration number and VAT||Collector them from the tax office.|