Every employment visa applicant needs to have an Entry visa before they travel to Sri Lanka. The employment entry visa can be only processed in Colombo by the Departments of Immigration.
According to the rule and policy, no employment Entry visa will be issued unless the immigration department approves the prior visa. The employment seekers are not allowed under any circumstance to travel in Sri Lanka with a tourist visa.
A foreigner must have employment visa if they want to be employed in the following organization – Banks, Non-Government Organization, Privates Companies, Volunteers, employed in any projects under BOI of Sri Lanka and employed in any diplomatic mission.
Other Category of Personnel That Need Employment Visa
- Foreigners who are taking up employment as a coach of a sports club, national teams, etc.
- The foreign artist who need to take part in clubs or hotels or other organization to conduct performance
- A foreigner who is employed as a specialist chef.
Visa Application Procedures
Firstly, obtain Entry visa approval from Colombo Immigration Departments. Next, collect the visa approval from the embassy of Sri Lanka and travel in Sri Lanka.
Once you arrived in Sri Lanka collects the Employment Visa endorsement from the Colombo immigration departments.
List of Documents for Entry Visa
- Visa application form
- Conformation letter from the employer in Sri Lanka (the conformation letter must should state terms and conditions of the employment)
- Document of business registration and the agreements and projects document.
- Recommendation letter for visa, that is issued the Board of Investments.
- Copy of your passport main page.
The applicant must fill up the visa application form with relevant information, Collect the conformation latter from the employer, along with business registration, agreements paper, projects document, recommendation letter and a copy of passport must need to submit it to the immigration service center.
Who Can Apply for Employment Visa?
Skill people, employees of non-government or private companies, dependents of personnel, expatriate can apply for this visa. Besides, embassy people, government agency, United Nation staffs can also apply.
Types of Visa & Fees
There are mainly four types of visa available with Sri Lank. Such as-
- Business visa
- Tourist visa/visit visa
- Transit visa
- Resident visa
|Category||Visa Fees in Rs||Tax in Rs|
Multiple entry visa
|12-month validity||Three times than normal Fee||10000|
Tourist visa/ Visit visa
|Visit visa for 3 months||Normal fee||No tax|
|Visit visa for 3 to 6 months||Normal fee||10000|
|Visit visa for 6 to 9 months||Normal fee||10000|
|For Transit Visa please – Click here to find more information.|
|Personnel whose services are required for projects approved by the State||10000||10000|
|Personnel who’s is employed under the BOI of Sri Lanka||10000||10000|
|Volunteers||Few (under certain condition)||No Tax|
|Clergy members||Free||No tax|
|Foreign investors who is engaged in business in Sri Lanka||10000||10000|
|Someone who is attached to NGO||Free (under certain condition)||No tax|
Unless you have Sri Lankan citizenship, you must have approved prior visa before you can entre in Sri Lanka. You can obtain the visa from the Sri Lankan embassy that is in your home country.
However, it’s not complex getting a Sri Lankan visa if all the
If you think of starting business in Sri Lanka contact us. We help foreign investors to setup business in any foreign nation. Well, you need to know now about company registration form 1 in Sri Lanka.
Related information is as follows
- Do you want to know more
onhow to register a company in Sri Lanka?
- Some small business ideas in Sri Lanka are discussed to start by low investment.
- Required business License in Sri Lanka to start a business.
- Find the process of income tax return
- More information
- Do/ Do NOT
startinga business in Sri Lanka.
- Business registration fees in Sri Lanka (Private limited, Branch office).
- Find Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) opportunity in Sri Lanka.
- Do you like to know how to start a business in Sri Lanka as