The Singapore embassy in Bangladesh is situated in a place called Dhaka. In Bangladesh, it only has one Singapore embassy where the embassy is maintained has high commission. This Singapore consulate is one of the 115 foreign representations in the foreign country and also one of 89 foreign representations in Dhaka. The Singaporean consulate in Dhaka is one of 78 Singaporean diplomatic and consular representations abroad.
About Bangladesh high commission, Singapore:
Singapore is a country which has a large number of Bangladeshi’s who are contributing a significant amount for the country’s economy and multicultural society perspectives. Singapore is the country which is very popular in Bangladesh to make an investment. Singapore is a country who is very much sincere with the relationship of another country and Bangladesh is one of the countries where they are closely connected.
Requirements for visa:
The granting of visit passes to visitors is determining by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must satisfy the following basic entry requirements before Singapore is considered.
- The passport validity should at least be 6 months.
- Valid Singapore visa.
- Sufficient funds to lasts for the intended period of stay in Singapore
- Exhibiting confirmation ticket of both entry and exit.
- Funding details to proof that they have money to stay in another country.
- Completion of Disembarkation or an embarkation card.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate.
Read Also: Visa requirements for Singapore citizens
- The duration of stay is granted for the applicant who shows the pass clearly. The visitor’s passport is notified to be checked for the arrival endorsement and should be noted that the number of days given are before leaving the checkpoint
- All visitors having visitor pass should not be permitted to engage any form of business, profession, occupation or paid employment while in Singapore.
- Visitors are notified that it is punishable offence to overstay in Singapore beyond the period granted.
- Visitors can apply for further stay through online e-XTAND or also at the visitor’s services center.
An applicant who wants to extend their visa then the visa can be extended for a short stay which is short term social visit pass
- The applicant should not have received it before the extension stay
- The applicant can extend up to 89 days which is the date from entry to Singapore
- The social visit pass is currently valid for tow days or less where this validity is excluded in Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
- All visitors need to go through immigration clearance when they have to depart from the country.
- It should be noted that the passport should be valid for 6 months.
- In the immigration counter, the visitor must be present in Embarkation portion of the disembarkation or embarkation card together with the travel document to the Immigration office visitors which are to be misplaced.
- Visitation of carrying physical currency or bearer negotiable instruments (CBNI) that has total value of exceeding SGD 20,000 which are required to complete the physical CBNI or NP727 form to be filled at the immigration counters on departure from Singapore.
- The applicants are to be advised that their travel documents such as passport should be checked before the leave checkpoint.
- Singapore permanent residents are required to have a valid Re-entry Permit (REP) when it is wished to travel out for Singapore.
Further details of the Singapore Embassy in Bangladesh:
Venture Avenue, 5th floor, 8/B Gulshan Avenue (Bir Uttam Mir Showkat Sharak)
Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Telephone: (+880) 29880404, (+880) 29880337
Fax: (+880) 29883666
Email: sin[email protected]
Office Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 09:00-17:00
Head of Mission: Mr Darryl Lau Kai Mun, Consul